Sunday, February 4, 2007

Factory Girl

I went to the movies and saw "Factory Girl" and I had kind of a lot of fun. I felt like I liked the movie because I thought it was pretty well acted. Mostly Guy Pearce as Andy Warhol and Sienna Miller as Edie Sedgwick.

But the fun all started to happen when Hayden Christiansen walked on screen as "FOLK SINGER" (aka Bob Dylan.) Now here's where it got fun. When you are supposed to be portraying Bob Dylan and you can't use Bob Dylan's name, you should probably not use his voice. Especially when you can't do his voice. I was having so much fun up until he came in and screwed it all up for me. The most not fun person in the world was this Folk Singer. Also, could be because as soon as he came into her life that's when she kind of fell into a world of heavy drugging. Which was not fun too watch.

All in all, I liked it pretty okay. I'd give it a 3 and a half rabbits out of 6 rabbits.

A made up rating system.

I've been getting into art a lot recently and uh, Andy Warhol is something that interests me. Some of his work is a really cool take on art, but then some of his stuff wasn't art at all. It was like "For my next piece of work, I will have a party and not everyone is invited." "Uhm, Andy. That's not art." "NO! IT IS!" "No, that's just being a kind of shitty friend." "Well you wouldn't expect me to be a shitty friend, that makes it art." "No, we do expect you to be a shitty friend. You're very self-centered." "Well then I did what you expected me too. That's art." "Oh, I get it! You are a genius."

That's any day at the FACTORY!

No comments: